In the quest to be a good Mom, Moms are using Twitter feeds to find tips and news on everything under the sun. Here’s a list of 100 awesome Twitter feeds for healthy-minded moms.
Pediatrics and Pregnancy
Learn about healthy eating while you’re pregnant, get tweets from respected pediatricians, and learn about infant health here.
- @TheMommyStation: This feed shares links about pregnancy, adoption, breast feeding and more.
- @APregnancyStory: Sharon Rowe is an RN who is also runs the website epregnancyjournal.com.
- @Pediatricians: The National Association of Pediatricians tweets here.
- @WeeklyPregnancy: Find pregnancy tools, diet info., and newborn safety tips here.
- @saludpediatrics: This Chicago pediatrics practice tweets about healthy living for kids and families.
- @MarchforBabies: Learn what March for Babies is doing to ensure a healthy future for newborns.
- @LamazeOnline: @LamazeOnline shares tips for healthy weight gain during pregnancy, exercising during pregnancy, and more.
- @ebabymagazine: Pregnant and new moms learn about early childhood development and infant health.
- @DrMommyCalls: Dr. Tanya R. Altmann is an LA-based mom, author and pediatrician.
- @First5CA: This is California’s campaign to get kids healthy and ready for school by the time they’re five. Learn about healthy living tips, healthy food ideas for kids and more.
- @DrKimMD: Dr. Kim Newell is a San Francisco-based pediatrician who tweets about kids’ health.
- @thebump: The Bump pregnancy social network and information hot spot tweets here.
Family Health and Doctors
These family health feeds come from hospitals, doctors and real moms.
- @TeenageCancer: If your teen has cancer, tune in to this feed for research findings and more.
- @autismanthem: Lorraine Spencer’s son has autism, and she uses her Twitter feed to share information and support.
- @childrenshealth: The Children’s National Medical Center tweets here.
- @K1Dz: Dr. Jim tweets to help caregivers of young children raise healthy kids.
- @MFCHatWMC: The Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital at Westchester Medical Center tweets about whooping cough, bike helmets, hospital news and pool safety.
- @speaknowforkids: This child’s health reform feed is full of news and information from Congress, the American Academy of Pediatrics and more.
- @ChildrensMercy: Kansas City’s premier pediatrics hospital tweets about child safety, accident prevention and public health.
- @DrMariaSimbra: Dr. Maria Simbra is a TV medical reporter in Pittsburgh who is also a new mom.
- @sanjayguptaCNN: CNN medical reporter Dr. Sanjay Gupta keeps families up to date on the health news that’s affecting you.
- @FamilyDoctorMag: Leigh Ann Otte is the editor of Family Doctor Magazine.
Moms who run have Twitter feeds that are full of inspiration, support and fitness tips.
- @BrennanAnnie: Ann Brennan is a runner, freelancer and mom who tweets about it all.
- @run2ny: Follow @run2ny to learn what it’s like to train for a marathon while raising kids.
- @Coach_Jenn: Jenn is a running coach and mom who tweets frequently about shopping, running shoes and more.
Health Care and News
Get public health news, find health care providers and more from these feeds.
- @mydochub: Find doctors and health information through this Twitter feed’s doctor search engine.
- @CR_health: Consumer Reports Health tweets about fitness tests, parenting news, health surveys, drug reviews and more.
- @JohnsHopkinsSPH: Read tweets from JHU Public Health to learn about childhood pneumonia, vision impairment, antibiotics and more.
- @organizedwisdom: OrganizedWisdom.com is a physician-reviewed health search tool, and their Twitter feed shares news and information about odd cures and news.
- @WSJHealthBlog: Get quick, frequent updates from the health news world.
Get never-ending ideas for healthy meals and snacks here.
- @WholeRecipes: Whole Foods shares one healthy recipe after another, like grilled caprese salad and watermelon salad.
- @recipeupdates: SimplyRecipes.com tweets recipes from its many categories, including easy and quick recipes and healthy recipes.
- @Healthy2Eat: Follow @Healthy2Eat to get reviews of healthy eating cookbooks.
- @healthy_recipes: This New Zealand feed shares healthy, green eating tips and resources.
- @fertilefoods: Learn about the kinds of foods you should eat before, during and after pregnancy.
- @recipeaday: Follow this feed to get a quick and healthy recipe idea a day.
- @NutritiousFeast: Learn about farmer’s market shopping, basic nutrition and more.
- @thepoorchef1: Learn how to make satisfying, nutritious meals for less than $7.
- @TheChefsWife: This working mother is looking to network with healthy-minded moms who love to cook.
- @Chefjen: Jen is a mom and cookbook author who tweets about all the fun things she cooks and does.
- @elanaspantry: If your family needs to eat gluten-free, dairy-free or vegan, find recipes on this feed.
- @whatscooking: @whatscooking is maintained by an eco-mom who teaches kids how to cook healthy meals.
- @Chefgigi: Learn about nutrition and kids’ cooking projects here.
- @KidsCuliChefs: This kids’ cooking school tweets about healthy cooking alternatives and fun cooking facts that appeal to kids.
Stress and Balance
These Twitterers will help you manage stress and find a balance between your work, family, R&R time and mission to live healthier.
- @Parenting_Famil: Turn to this feed when you feel stressed or overwhelmed from a day with the kids.
- @HealthyMinute: The tips shared on this feed can help you quickly release stress and channel a healthier lifestyle.
- @JulieBaird: Help your kids get better grades with less stress when you follow @JulieBaird.
- @Potentialz: This Australian psychologist tweets about childhood behavioral issues, mental health treatment options and more.
- @twittermoms: @twittermoms is the Twitter feed for the expanding mom-centric network.
- @DraHelenaDuch: This bilingual child psychologist tweets lots of helpful information and tips.
- @thedailybalance: Get tips on how to lead a more balanced, stress-free life.
- @ChildPsych: Dr. Laura Compian is a child psychologist who works with school-age and adolescent kids.
- @MomBalance: This working, single mom has a son with ADHD and Aspergers.
- @ZenMommy: Follow @ZenMommy for positive parenting support.
Organic and Green Living
Eco-moms tweet about healthy and safe products, diets and lifestyle choices here.
- @TastyMom: Follow this feed for information from the organic baby food company.
- @deliciousliving: Get ideas for better, greener living from this feed that shares recipes and more.
- @lunchboxbunch: Learn about whole foods and wellness here.
- @LighterFootstep: Get cheap ideas for living green.
- @JollyGreenGirl: This natural mom and “eco-fashionista” tweets about green brands and more.
- @thegreenparent: Jenn Savedge tweets about natural remedies, green eating, diaper alternatives and more.
- @teensturningre: Teens Turning Green tweets about all the inspiring green projects they take on.
- @Green_Parents: Get green living tips and giveaways for eco-conscious families here.
- @barleyandbirch: Follow this brand, which creates eco-friendly clothing for kids and babies, on Twitter.
- @care2: Learn about all things green and healthy on Care2’s Twitter feed.
- @shopOrganic: Learn about organic shopping deals here.
- @VEGdaily: Vegetarian families will like this feed that shares health, cooking and lifestyle news.
- @mattyhick: @mattyhick tweets about greening your home from Brooklyn.
- @Treehugger: Learn about the products and lifestyle tips that are safe for your family and the environment.
- @madonnacramer: This feed combines healthy and eco living with mom survival tips, deals and more.
Fitness and Diet
Keep your family active and healthy here.
- @workoutmommy: This mom loves yoga, running and fitness.
- @TropicanaOJ: The official Tropicana orange juice feed shares links and tips for healthy living, boosting energy and more.
- @FITNESSkristen: Kristen Diederich is the editor of Fitness Magazine.
- @dailyfitnesstip: This women’s fitness feed posts fun links about making your workout more interesting and effective.
- @LifeFitness: Find everyday tips for managing fitness and exercise plans for your family.
- @dietnews: Get diet news and information here.
Follow these feeds to get important health news alerts.
- @bbchealth: Get world health news from the BBC here.
- @CDCemergency: Get all kinds of health and safety alerts from the CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response organization in Atlanta.
- @PublicHealth: Learn about the newest public health alerts, risks and news here.
- @CDCFlu: Learn about outbreaks, vaccines and other flu information here.
- @DailyMeHealth: Get a roundup of the top health news stories, diet columns and more.
- @FamHealthGuide: Find breaking health news relevant to families.
Keep your kids safe from recalled products and accidents by following these feeds.
- @AlivePast5: Learn about recalls and general baby and child safety here.
- @safekidsusa: Follow this government feed to stay abreast of car seat regulations, product recalls and more.
- @SafeKidsTV: Learn how to prevent accidents here.
- @FDArecalls: The FDA tweets recalls, health risks and other public heath information here.
- @MyPreciousKid: Get safety information and reviews for baby and kid products.
- @wiredmom: Learn how to keep your kids safe when they’re online.
- @FoodSafety: Here you’ll find food recalls and general food safety info.
- @MomRN: This mom nurse is also a child safety expert.
- @foodsafeguru: @foodsafeguru is another food safety feed.
From Oprah to women’s health to medical social networking, here are even more Twitter feeds for healthy-minded moms.
- @womenshealth: Womenshealth.gov tweets about healthy living, exercise, women’s check-ups and more.
- @HighChair: Aimee is a food blogger, former chef and mother of two who tweets about healthy-minded–but yummy–living.
- @eatrightdenise: Denise is a registered dietician, wife and mother who shares stories from family BBQs and more.
- @iVillageBuzz: This mom’s and women’s site tweets about raising kids, shopping, finding the balance and more.
- @TodaysMoms: These authors and NBC Today Show producers tweet about general healthy, responsible, spiritual living for moms.
- @momswithcancer: Moms who have cancer can find support and tips for balancing their illness and family.
- @Oprah: Let Oprah help you become a healthier minded mom.
- @SELFmagazine: Get healthy eating, fitness and emotional well-being tips here.
- @medicalmommas: Follow the tweets from the women’s medical social networking site here.
- @HIFS: This twitter feed and organization is “standing up for healthy individual and families.”