ComScore just released their August video rankings and we are at an all time high for video viewing. Facebook, already the largest photo site on the Web, became the third largest video site on the Internet with 51.6 million unique viewers. And four of the top 10 videos for September according to Unruly Media were either aimed at kids or featured kid-friendly content.
Maria Bailey shared some stats at the recent She Streams conference around moms and video that you might find interesting.
Did you know that:
• Moms keep videos in playlists. But they keep less than 50 videos in their playlist.
• Successful mom vloggers keep video under 5 minutes for video.
• 80% of moms vlog in diary format. And their secret is to keep the vlog personal.
• Events and reviews lead the types of video content moms like.
• 50% of moms don’t edit their videos. They just post ‘em as they make them.
• Mac iMovie is the preferred video editing tool.
• Moms also listen to podcasts. Most moms listen to podcasts live or streaming. (kids, family and comedy and religion)
When was the last time you watched a video?