There’s a reason there are millions of bloggers in the U.S. and around the world. Three years ago, I was asked to start a company blog. That first post was a little daunting, but 400 posts later, my little blog is now a company. So if you are just a reader of blogs, it’s time for you to join us. There are so many reasons why.
1. Blogging is therapy.
Well at least to me it is. But my theory is, as it is for many women- it’s cathartic. You get to write down thoughts, feelings, and ideas. WordPress is free. Therapists are expensive. Look at all the money you will save if you just blog.
2. You get to be creative.
Writing is a form of creativity and who doesn’t like to feel creative? Besides, don’t you have something to say?
3. People will actually read what you’ve written.
When you first start out, you won’t believe it, but eventually someone will comment or “like” something you’ve written and then you’ll be hooked.
4. It’s a great way to meet new people.
If your blog has a specific subject area, you will attract other people who share your passion on that subject.
5. You can show off some expertise.
Well, you don’t actually have to “show off”, but it is a great way to share knowledge. You could actually end up helping someone and wouldn’t that feel amazing.
6. A blog gives you a sense of accomplishment.
In some ways, creating a blog is telling the world you exist. And the more your blog grows, the more it becomes a sense of accomplishment.
7. A blog will help your business. If you have a company, it’s critical to have a blog. It’s the place to share intellect without being a heavy-handed salesperson. And that intellect often leads to new business.
8. It’s easy to create a blog. WordPress and Tumblr have made it so easy to create a blog, you have no excuse, but to try. You don’t have to be a technofile to put up a blog.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to start a blog. If you have questions, just post them in the comments section below and we’d be happy to help you.