When my daughter was little we would bake and she would put everything in her red wagon and sell them. She would call out to everyone, “Buy a cute cookie from a cute girl.” It worked like a charm. But my kids are lucky. They don’t struggle with childhood hunger like over 16 million kids in America do.
Did you know?
According to No Kid Hungry…
• Children who struggle with hunger are sick more often, recover more slowly, and are more likely to be hospitalized.
• They are more likely to experience headaches, stomachaches, colds, ear infections and fatigue.
• Children who face hunger are more susceptible to obesity and its harmful health consequences as children and as adults.
• Lack of enough nutritious food impairs a child’s ability to concentrate and perform well in school.
• Children who regularly do not get enough nutritious food to eat have significantly higher levels of behavioral, emotional and academic problems and be more aggressive and anxious.
There are so many ways to join us for Sandra Lee’s World’s Largest Bake Sale for No Kid Hungry.
The World’s Largest Bake Sale Twitter party
Prizes: $500 in Kmart gift cards
The World’s Largest Bake Sale
Grand Central Station
New York City
Time: 10am to 7pm
Come gorge yourself on amazing baked goods from over thirty-five chefs. Sandra Lee will be co-hosting the World’s Largest Bake Sale along with Martha Stewart, Mario Batali, Emeril Lagasse, Bobby Flay, Guy Fieri, Dylan Lauren, Buddy Valastro, Wendy Williams, Food Network Kitchens and designer Ty Pennington. Sandra Lee’s World’s Largest Bake Sale is presented by Kmart, Shop Your Way and Sears with sponsor support by Duncan Hines, Hasbro, Philadelphia Cream Cheese and Domino Sugar to benefit The Food Bank for New York and Share Our Strength’s Bake Sale for No Kid Hungry.
All proceeds from the sales of baked goods at the event will be donated to benefit No Kid Hungry and the Food Bank for New York. In the weeks following the event, many items donated by the celebrities including an exclusive Bake Sale Stand designed by Ty Pennington will be auctioned off for charity to further support the cause.
Create your own bake sale
The Bake Sale for No Kid Hungry is a national fundraising initiative presented by Kmart, Domino Sugar, C&H Sugar and Duncan Hines and you can host a bake sales in your own community to support Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign to end childhood hunger in America.
• Spread the word about cause and the World’s Largest Bake Sale. Share our event poster
• Visit the bake sale hub to make a virtual donation and send a Sandra Lee recipe card to raise money for No Kid Hungry
• Register to become a baker
• Join the social media conversation #worldslargestbakesale and #nokidhungry