I love listening to relaxation apps daily. I find listening to the apps a great way to clear my mind and get rid of stress and anxiety. It forces me to sit in a quiet place and zone out for a bit.
Here are two couple of my favorite apps that have free/paid versions for Apple and Android devices.
Glenn Harrold apps are my favorite. He has an English accent and his voice is very soft and gentle. When he speaks, you instantly relax and can feel your breathing change. Within seconds you are in a calm state and will fall asleep almost immediately.
Here are a few of the apps that he currently has available:
- Instant Sleep
- Creating Inner Peace and Calm
- Relax and Sleep Well
Lucinda Bassett has a relaxation app called Relaxation Session: Deep muscle relaxation with guided imagery and music. It costs approximately $10, but it is worth it. Lucinda has a very soothing voice; she guides you through a three-part relaxation session. Part one is calm breathing, part two is muscle tension, and part three is a mental journey.
When using a relaxation app, you’re going to want to make sure you’re in a good environment and state of mind to fully get the best of what your app has to offer. Here are some of my tips for listening to relaxation apps.
- Turn off the television, lights and get comfortable.
- Try listening to the apps when you’re in bed for the night.
- Turn the app on, close your eyes, and listen to the words. Make sure to listen to the tone and follow the instructions.
- Allow yourself to relax and do what the speakers suggests.
- Allow yourself to feel hypnotized. The apps are very easy to listen to. Right away you will notice your breathing change and you will feel all the stress lift from your body.
- Don’t fight the urge to relax and sleep.
Do you have an app that you like to listen to? Do you find it beneficial to listen to relaxation apps?