We’re joining The Global Poverty Project and CARE to fight maternal mortality issues.
Every mother remembers the day she gave birth. For most, it was a joyful and life changing event. But for some moms, childbirth is more complicated. In fact, every 90 seconds, a mother dies from pregnancy-related causes-and without access to the proper resources, technology and knowledge, this horrific epidemic will continue.
It’s time for moms around the world to leverage the power of social media to stand together in the fight against maternal mortality. With enough signatures, we can get Congress to set aside funding for maternal issues. That’s it. Your voice is all we need. And there is no bigger voice than the sisterhood of motherhood.
THE END EVENT Twitter Party
May 31st, 2011
8-9:30 PM EST
GOAL: 100,000 signatures on the petition
Use hashtags: #moms4moms #seetheEnd
Did you know?
• One maternal death every 90 seconds.
• In the US, 2 women die each day from a pregnancy-related complication.
• Globally, 100 women die each day in pregnancy/childbirth
• 15% of all pregnancies result in complications during labor and delivery and sometimes are fatal.
• We have the knowledge to prevent 90% of all maternal deaths.
Actress, Olivia Wild, Jeffrey Sacks, and Russell James will hosting a live streamed event on the 23rd as well. Moms4Moms will be there hosting the twitter party right from the event, as well as with the Moms4Moms hosts listed below.
We are partnering with the following influential moms/dads bloggers: Erica Diamond, Audrey McClelland , Molly Gold, Beth Feldman, Niri Jaganath, Katja Presnal, Kelly Loubet, Julie Cole, Linda Grant, Katrina Carefoot, Dagmar Bleasdale of Dagmar’s momsense, Adam Cohen, Holly Rosen, CC Chapman and Ted Rubin
Twitter party prizes to be randomly given out within 48 hours of the party.
• Five $50 Children’s Place gift certificates
• 3 EatARainbow kits (value $25)
• 4 Squishables (they were a big hit)
• Spectrum Speech consulting
• “Plan to Party” book and $25 wine.com gift certificate
• 4 autographed books- “Jackie O” by author Dr. Alma Bond
• One autographed book–”The Atomic Weight of Secrets or The Arrival of the Mysterious Men in Black” by author, Eden Unger Bowditch